Small Group Personal Training – Ten Reasons It may be for You!
In one of my recent blogs I explained why that Adamson’s chose to expand our Squad Training program, making it our primary training model. I assure you, it’s not because we don’t believe in private training! Private training is our foundational service, and we believe in it 100% for those who appreciate a completely custom exercise prescription, those who love the close interaction with a trainer, those who are training at a high level, and those who have physical limitations and specific training needs. But let’s face it, private training comes with a price tag that makes it difficult for many members to continue indefinitely; and training needs to be done on a long-term basis. As I’ve said many times, fitness is a journey, not a destination.
That said, we want to offer a personal training program that is affordable to a large percentage of the population, so we chose small group personal training working with 4-6 members each workout rather than semi-private training working with 2-3 members/session. (By the way, if you want semi-private, ask about our Buddy Training options.) In our expanded new Squad Training, which will kick off on February 8th, members will have the option to do 5, 9, 13, or unlimited monthly personal training sessions. Since two strength training workouts per week is the minimum that a person should do, we recommend the 9 and 13 session/month packages. The 5-session package would work for someone who is committed to doing at least one additional strength workout each week on his/her own. The unlimited option is for those who wish to work 1-2 boxing squad workouts into his/her weekly regimen.
Some of the benefits of Squad Personal Training include:
- Professional instruction from a certified trainer.
- You don’t have to think about it! Just show up!
- Balanced, safe, functional, time-efficient workouts.
- Accountability to peer group and personal trainer.
- Work at your own speed at your own level!
- Not a class format – you don’t have to keep up!
- Flexible scheduling – because life happens!
- Workouts designed to increase strength & muscle.
- Workouts individualized to accommodate each member.
- It’s fun! You’ll dig it AND it includes Team Training!